Real Nappy Life is a shop and all ages café with a focus on sustainability. we're looking for a friendly, hard working, barista and front of house assistant to ;ead this area of the shop.
This new concept shop/café/group space offers a community space aimed especially at families, as well as a shop selling, advising on and hiring reusable nappies. The café is the first part of the shop customers see on entrance with indoor seating for up to 20, and includes a fairly big garden with seating for 15+.
Part of a small team, providing home made cakes and snacks the ideal candidate must love interacting with customers and their children, have an eye for detail and be committed to great service. This individual will use their own initiative, possess good communication skills, and have a positive attitude towards work. They must be confident of working on their own, with previous experience in the industry, and an appreciation of environmentally friendly choices.
- Making great coffee, using locally roasted Volcano beans.
- Taking ownership for all aspects of the café area, including counter presentation
- Serving of Dalhousie cakes & cream teas, sandwich preparation and other food items/
- Payment handling and cleaning of all areas including garden.
- Complying with legal requirements such as HACCP and Health and Safety to ensure a safe environment.
- Reporting directly to the Shop Manager.
- Opening hours 9am – 4.30pm, Tue-Sat (with job share options), possibly Sundays too.
- 22-35 hours per week
- To start w/c 17th June
What we are looking for
The successful applicant will have experience in hospitality and customer service. Food safety level 2 is desirable.
As a business focused on reusable products, 'green' behaviour will be encouraged and expected in the workplace.
We are looking for someone who:
- has a good eye for detail and accuracy;
- is friendly by nature and really cares about customer service;
- can use their initiative;
- has drive, enthusiasm and a "can do attitude"
- is responsible, dedicated and believes in the green ethos of Real Nappy Life
- please only apply if you live within a 20 minute journey of Westow Street
What you can expect in return
- Salary - London Living Wage to start;
- Employee discount;
- Opportunities for cross training in cloth nappy sales.
Please apply by e-mail with a brief statement on what makes you suitable for this position, to Beth@realnappylife.co.uk