Puppi Pure Lanolin 100g
Lanolin is a natural sheep fat obtained in process of cleaning wool. It’s a perfect moisturizer- you can use it directly on your skin. Many new mothers use it at the beginning of breastfeeding, as it helps with cracked nipples.
Lanolin is also an essential ingredient of lanolin wool treatment, that we need to make every so often to make wool covers waterproof and antibacterial. Preparing “home made” lanolin treatment is simple and doesn’t need a lot of time.
We use it to lanolise woollen nappy pants, knitted & crocheted soakers and longies (trousers), essentially washing the lanolin back into the wool to give it back its natural waterproof qualities.
1. Hand wash your new or old wool items in wool wash or even just baby shampoo in luke warm (30 degree) water. Rinse and squeeze out the excess water. Refill your sink or bowl with luke-warm water.
2. In a mug or similar receptacle add 1tsp (a tbsp if 2+ items) of solid lanolin to a cup of boiling water with a couple of drops of wool wash or baby shampoo. This emulsifies the lanolin, making it look milky when thoroughly dissolved.
3. Add the lanolin mixture to the water, stir and add your wool item(s).
4. Leave for 30 mins (or a few hours if you want). Have a cuppa.
5. Gently squeeze the water out of your woollies. Lay flat on a towel and roll up tightly in the towel to squeeze out as much of the water as possible.
6. Hang up to dry - this will take approx. 2 days (unless you have a dehumidifier).
Packaging is recyclable
After the treatment wool cover will be sticky. This is normal event and will disappear after 1-2 uses.
- Pure Pharmaceutical-grade Lanolin - No additives
- Fragrance and preservatives-free
- Complies with and exceeds the standards of the EU Pharmacopeia
- Safe for nursing moms and babies and people with skin conditions
- Great for making a wool treatment
- Pure lanolin is a wax that melts at 36°C (98°F) (body temperature). If it feels too hard to use please use a hair dryer in low to soften. If it is too soft, refrigerate for one hour. Suitable for the entire body. Always use a small amount. For severely damaged hands or feet apply more and wear gloves or socks for 3-4 hours.